This site has ‘Pages’ and ‘Posts’. The pages are listed in the site menu (Facts of Life >‘Marie Courtenay’) and offer some background to the posts. The posts are all stored in order of appearance at New Posts and older Posts, with the oldest at the bottom and the most recent at the top.
These posts have appeared already or will be published later:
- 1783: Isabella Courtenay and her niece | May 30, 2018
- 1784: Balloon hats and silvered sashes
- 1784: Loughborough pills
- 1784: The whole was blown up
- 1787: Dangerous papers
- 1811: A noble lord absconds | June 1, 2018
- 1811: Cousins from County Limerick
- 1814: A house by the Hudson | June 1, 2018
- 1835: All my castles
- 1861: Drunk with cheers
Posts are associated with ‘Categories’ which are named at the bottom of the post after the date. By clicking on the name, you can select all the posts in that category. This list shows the most recent post (if any) within each category.
Leisure & luxury
- Associates & partners
- Family members: May 30, 2018 / 1783. | See also: Facts of life; Sisters; Uncles, aunts and cousins; Valentia v. Valentia; William as lay patron; William’s wills; Wills of other people.
- Servants | See also: William’s wills; Wills of other people.
- Devon: June 1, 2018 / 1811. | See also: William as lay patron; William’s wills.
- France: | See also: both ‘Marie Courtenay’ and the new Afterword.
- Ireland: | See also: William as lay patron.
- New York: June 1, 2018 / 1814.
Scandals & reputation:
- 1784 scandal: | See also: Scandal of 1784: texts from the time.
- 1811 scandal: June 1, 2018 / 1811.
- Reputation: | See also: William in the words of others, 1 & 2.
- Estates & wills: | See also: ‘Marie Courtenay’; William’s wills; Wills of other people.
- Patronage: | See also: William as lay patron.
- Rank & titles
William Blake: Albion Rose, 1793. Wikimedia Commons