This site has ‘Pages’ and ‘Posts’. The pages are listed in the site menu (Facts of Life >‘Marie Courtenay’) and offer some background to the posts. The posts are all stored in order of appearance at New Posts and older Posts, with the oldest at the bottom and the most recent at the top.
These posts have appeared already or will be published later in the year:
- 1783: Isabella Courtenay and her niece | May 30, 2018
- 1784: The Fonthill fool
- 1784: Loughborough pills
- 1784: The whole was blown up
- 1811: A noble lord absconds | June 1, 2018
- 1811: Cousins from County Limerick
- 1814: A house by the Hudson | June 1, 2018
- 1821: Dahlias, Dartmoor rectors and the Bear of Draveil
- 1835: All my castles
- 1861: Drunk with cheers
Posts are associated with ‘Categories’ which are named at the bottom after the date. By clicking on the name, you can select all the posts in that category. This list shows the most recent post (if any) within each category.
Leisure & luxury
- Associates & partners
- Family members: May 30, 2018 / 1783. | See also: Facts of life; Sisters; Uncles, aunts and cousins; Valentia v. Valentia; Wills of other people.
- Servants | See also: Wills of other people.
- Devon: June 1, 2018 / 1811.
- France: | See also: both ‘Marie Courtenay’ and the new Afterword.
- New York: June 1, 2018 / 1814.
Scandals & reputation: June 1, 2018 / 1811.
- Estates & wills: | See also: ‘Marie Courtenay’; William’s wills; Wills of other people.
- Rank & titles
William Blake: Albion Rose, 1793. Wikimedia Commons